12.07.2012

Allowances


Happy Friday Everyone!  For those of you who are parents I have several questions to ask you.  Do your children receive an allowance?  If so, is the allowance giving weekly or biweekly?  What is your child's allowance giving for chores, grades or both?  I'm curious because I have two sons ages 9 and 11 who started receiving an allowance several months ago on a weekly bases and, at the beginning it was actually nice seeing both boys learning how to do chores.  However, now it seems like some of their chores have fallen off.

Now, I suppose the problem lies with me because I picked up the slack and started completing the chores for them.   Although, I know they both need to learn to continue to do their chores sometimes it's hard letting go of the reins, like the old saying, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself,"  to me especially applies to chores.  However, I know the both boys need to learn to do chores and complete them correctly.   I will say that it's been difficult especially this week since our house is now on the market.  Although keeping it spic and span has become my full time job now that we have potential homeowners coming in to view it.  However, I know it shouldn't be an excuse for not completing chores.


As a parent at what point do you withhold your child's allowance?  If so, why did you withhold it?


A Concerned Mom...


10 comments:

  1. I found you from the hop and followed you back!!! I used to give my children weekly allowance according to their ages and how they completed the tasks that I asked of them. I had my 5 year old granddaughter and 10 year old grandson at my house and they wanted to earn allowance because they were with me for a week. So I gave them jobs to do according to their age. For Kaliko my 5 year old, I had her take the dirty clothes and separate the towels from regular clothing in separate baskets, then she helped to put all of toys away in the yard, and swept the kitchen. For my 10 year old, Alaka'i he had to make his bed and help Kaliko with hers, vacuum the rugs, and dust the furniture and water the garden. I also had them both clean the sliding doors of all fingerprints with paper towels and windex. Kaloko earned $10.00 and Alaka'i earned $20.00. He has more expenses than Kaliko does and is older. She didn't seem to mind and it gives her something to look forward to as she gets older. Have a great weekend!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Thank for the the advice, and for stopping by. I hope that you enjoyed your weekend also.


      Carissa

      Delete
  2. Hey! Just wanted to let you know I nominated your lovely blog for the Liebster award! Congrats!! You can read more about the award in my latest post! http://www.blartblog.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    -Kelly ( this isn't spam I promise haha)
    http://www.blartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Thank you and I will. Also, thanks for stopping by.

      Carissa

      Delete
  3. My parents gave my brother and I a very small weekly allowance and we got ten cents for every chore we helped with! Cute blog and I am now following you from Yours Truly!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Thanks for the advice and for following.

      Carissa

      Delete
  4. I've been wondering this same thing...I'll be checking back to see what answers you get!

    New follower of yours from Yours Truly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Yeah, it's hard to decide, although we give them $10 a piece. Thanks for stopping by and for following.

      Carissa

      Delete
  5. How about creating a chart? That way you and your kids can track their progress to see which chores were and were not completed at the end of every week.

    Hope that helps!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I love the chart idea, I hadn't thought of that, thanks. Also, thanks for stopping by.


      Carissa

      Delete