12.10.2012

Vegetarian Lasagna


I thought I would do something a little different today by doing a post on one of my family's favorite
meals, vegetarian lasagna.  Now, I was born and raised a vegetarian, so when I cook I only use meat substitutes when I cook for my family.  Here are the ingredients that I used for my vegetarian lasagna:

Redi-Burger Meat and Prego All Natural Roasted Garlic & Herb Sauce

Cottage Cheese, Granulated Sugar, Barilla Lasagna Noodles


First I sautéd my Redi-Burger Meat in olive oil in a skillet, then I add 2 jars of Prego Sauce to my meat and a dash of sugar.  Also, I let my meat sauce warm up for awhile on low heat before I began to layer my lasagna.  Also, typically make my lasagna in an 8 x 11 Pyrex Casserole Dish.  When my meat sauce is ready I can began my laying.  First, I cover the bottom of my dish with meat sauce, then I add 3-4 lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, a mixture of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese.  I continue  laying my ingredients until I reach the top of my dish.  Also, I preheat my oven 350 degrees and typically keep my lasagna in the oven for 45 minutes.  

 
 Redi-Burger & Prego Sauce

 Pyrex Casserole Dish

 First Layer of Ingredients

Finished Lasagna


10 comments:

  1. Hi there!!! I am Hanna and I found you through the blog hop!! I love making new friends and your blog is lovely. I am your newest follower:) Happy Holidays! You can find me over at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    xooxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Thanks for stopping by and the lovely compliment, me too. I love linking up to various blog hops, so that I can meet new friends. Thanks for following. Happy Holidays to you too!

      Take care,

      Carissa

      Delete
  2. Hi Carissa! Thanks for stopping by Moms Surviving Kids! Following you back! Glad to be connected to you...
    hugs,
    Megan@ www.momssurvivingkids.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Megan,

      Your welcome and thanks for following. Same here and Happy Holidays!!


      Carissa

      Delete
  3. Lasagne is a favorite around this place too!;-) Yours Truly little Chelsea sent me your way!

    xoxox,

    Heather P.
    http://spunkyrealdeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heather,

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!!


      Carissa

      Delete
  4. This looks DELISH!! I will have to try this soon!! I love lasagna!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heidi,

      Thanks, and it was very tasty. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!!


      Carissa

      Delete
  5. Hello!

    Thanks! I'm glad that you stopped by.


    Carissa

    ReplyDelete