Today, I have an article I'd like to share with you about how to dress stylish while traveling with your family on vacation. This article was written by Kendra, a former Orbitz Director of Communications, she's had the opportunity to visit many countries around the world and has been quoted in the news about the seasonal travel trends and destinations all across the United States. As a Mom, I've benefited from her great travel tips, and I know you will as well.
I'll let Kendra take over now!
Are you trying to plan a summer vacation with kids? There’s still time to organize a fun adventure that will make everyone happy. You all deserve time to feel free and relaxed, in a place where you can enjoy each other. Thinking ahead saves you a lot of stress and makes your family vacation easier for you, the planner, especially. Travel in style and with ease by keeping these five tips close by as you plan. And most of all: have fun with your family!
1. Create Your “To Pack” List Early If you are someone who is deeply invested in making sure that you are prepared, start early. Make yourself a list. This list should include all the basics like clothes, diapers, medication, and hygiene supplies. Also make a list of things you’ll need to do in the weeks leading up to your trip. Getting a pet sitter and forwarding your mail are essentials that can often be overlooked. With all the commotion leading up to your trip, it’s likely something will be left behind. When in doubt, write it down. You can always decide later that you don’t need both curling irons or three sets of flip flops for your baby girl. It’s better to have it on your list than pay double for it at your destination.
2. You Need Details How much do you really know about that hotel that you are getting ready to book? Even though the property may advertise itself as family-friendly, you need details. For instance, a microwave and fridge in your hotel room are really non-negotiable necessities if you plan to heat leftovers and store drinks and snacks. Extra features like a pool, playground and kid’s menu might also be necessities if you are planning to spend most of your time at the hotel. Want to let your accommodations do some planning for you? Look into family friendly resorts or hotels with tourism offices onsite. Consult a site like Gogobot to find recommendations from other parents on where to stay and what to do. My family found a great list of Orlando hotels with monorail access to ensure we were the first ones at the park!
3. Is it Naptime Yet? If you have decided on a family road trip this summer, try turning your backseat into a mini hotel room for your kids. Spread out blankets, pillows and stuffed animals to encourage your kids to settle in and relax. Consider investing in window blinds for your car that will block the sunlight and encourage frequent napping. For mom’s comfort, try a maxi dress from blended material that wont wrinkle. These are great for car or airplane travel and great for a little nap if you can sneak it in.
4. Something Old, Something New When it comes to choosing toys for travel, you can never be too careful. Toys can provide hours of entertainment for your children. Your best strategy will be to take along a few new toys that will grab and hold their attention and a few reliable old favorites that you know they can’t live without. Just make sure your selections are easy to pack and travel-friendly.
5. Hit the Pool By the time you make it to your hotel room, you will all be ready to burn off some pent-up energy. Plan ahead by packing everyone’s swimsuits all together at the very top of the suitcase. Presto! You’ll be lounging by the pool in no time, watching the kids show off all their latest swim moves. Do you or your little one need a new suit for your adventure? Check out these chic coordinating options from JCrew to Lilly Pulitzer.
Bio: Kendra Thornton: Travel advocate, TV spokesperson, PR businesswoman, proud wife and mama of 3. I am a long time travel expert who has been packing my bags and traveling the world since I was 3 months old! I've found my utmost desire in life is right here in my own home. I have taken my excitement for travel and brought it to you with some of my favorite travel tips and tricks. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: Fulgent Klutz
I'm so excited to share with you guys, but I was featured on the Shop At Home.com website here, so please stop by and check it out. Also, I have some great deals on my sidebar as well, so don't forget to check those out too:) Thanks again Shop At Home for the lovely feature!