9.20.2012

My First Sewing Project


For today's post I decided to highlight what I've learned thus far in my sewing classes.  While there I learned how to properly read, iron, and cut my pattern.  I also learned how to my pin my pattern to my fabric, cut out my fabric and finally I begun sewing on my machine.  Although I finished my pillowcase at home, I wanted to share with you what I learned in my sewing class.  I can truly say that I'm very proud of myself, so proud that I bought a Go Green Bag Pattern and I will be sewing my first bag.  YEAH!!  Here are the patterns and fabrics that I used for my Pillowcase and Go Green Bag:
  

Pillow (B)
Fabric
Finished Pillowcase
 Go Green Bag (B)
Pattern (A&B)


Want more Lillies & Silk?  You can find me on BloglovinInstagramTwitter@lilliesandsilk...Enjoy!



PS...The daredevil that I am, I decided to join a Sew Swap, so I got a chance to sew something special for someone and I will be mailing it off tomorrow.  Also, I'm so excited about how my it turned out and I will keep you posted about the Sew Swap;)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carissa, good job. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thanks, for such a lovely compliment. Sure, I definitely plan on visiting your blog and following you as often as I can. Same to you too.


    Carissa

    ReplyDelete