3.17.2013

The Crafty Ginger


I'm so excited, today to introduce to you Lauren from The Crafty Ginger as my guest blogger.  Here are a few things about her:

Hi Lillies&Silk readers! I'm Lauren from The Crafty Ginger. I'm so excited to be blogging over here today! I'm honored that Carissa was willing to let me do a post! I would love if you came & visited me at my blog! I'm also on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.

First off, Carissa wanted me to answer a few questions!

-Tell my readers a little about yourself & your blog. I am almost 3 years married, a hairstylist and a zumba instructor. I love fashion & DIY projects! On my blog you will find fashion, DIY projects, recipes & just life stuff!

-What inspired you to start your blog? Honestly, I don't even remember. I started it back in August 2011, but it wasn't much of anything at that point. The design sucked & my posts sucked.

-How do you see your blog in a year from now? I see my blog as a hub to my etsy shop, being a blog known for helping other blogs out & really using it to network & make good friends!

-Do you set goals for yourself & your blog? Surprisingly, no. Since, I am a goal oriented person, I should set goals. At this point I still feel so new to the blogging world that I'm not even sure what kind of goals to set, besides like followers or page views.

-How do you stay current with content & posts? Pinterest! It's totally the way that I stay current. I live in Kansas City, MO, which is a pretty nice city. But, when it comes to fashion the west coast gets it first then a year later we will see it in stores!

Alright, you ready for my tutorial on a twisted headband? Let's go!



So, when I go to thrift stores I pick up all these scarves. Just in case I need them for a project! :)


I picked out this zebra print scarf.


This one was just a long piece of material. Some of them are squares or triangles, it is better if it's just a long rectangle. I cut it in half & added fray check onto the cut edge.


Now, you're going to take the 2 pieces & make them look like this! 


After that is done there are 2 things you can do. You can sew some elastic onto the back, which is a little more advanced. Or, you can just tie the ends in the back. Now, you could use this tutorial with normal fabric or whatever material you have laying around. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! I loved being here today! 

The Crafty Ginger

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of those and it's look so cute on you! The only problem, is on me, they don't stay on my big old head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Thanks, really? I'm glad that you stopped by and have a great day!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete